Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We moved to Texas ya'll

Rich and I took an opportunity to move to Fort Worth, Tx to save some money and help his grandma out. Up until early this morning, I couldn't find anything wrong with living out here. But, at 5 am, we woke up to what sounded to me as a siren from an old war movie warning everyone that they were about to be bombed. Turns out, it was a tornado warning siren.Now, I'm from California, and my only experience with a tornado is from watching the Wizard of Oz. So of course, I'm the only one freaked out while Richard acts like it's no big deal. He was just annoyed that he had to get out of bed. So we went out to the living room and turned on the news. They said that we were under a tornado warning, which means that there hasn't been a tornado yet, but the conditions are those that would form one. So, we sat there and listened to the pounding rain, high winds, and the scariest lightning and thunder I've ever experienced and just waited. Luckily the storm passed quickly and nothing happened.
...I'm definitely not a country girl.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

I would be a zombie... And i would seriously hate that too.

The Waltz's said...

lol...ya'll. I love it. No more tornado's! You have a beautiful family.